Home » Anthony Frosh, Recent Posts

Our Own Leadership Change

June 28, 2013 – 7:36 am8 Comments
Bill Shorten was not at all involved in our leadership change.

Bill Shorten was not at all involved in our leadership change.

By Anthony Frosh
As our country undergoes something of a leadership crisis, we’re pleased to report that Galus Australis is having a much more orderly and amicable leadership change.

Now, we’ve made a point of not reporting on ourselves too much (we’ve left stories such as “Editor celebrates birthday” to a certain other publication) but it would be remiss not to announce I will be stepping down as editor of Galus Australis, effective from today.

It’s been a hectic four years, and while it’s been a great experience, the time is right for me to step back and let someone with fresh eyes, fresh ideas, and fresh enthusiasm takeover as editor. And that someone is Alex Fein. The success that Alex achieved with the Sensible Jew blog was a major impetus for the establishment of Galus Australis. Importantly, Alex has a commitment to the pluralistic values that are so integral to this publication.

I will still maintain some involvement with Galus, including assisting Alex as she finds her feet as editor, and of course writing articles.  Nevertheless, in exiting as editor, I’d like thank our readers and also our sponsors. I’d particularly like to thank our regular contributors. Lastly, I’d like to thank my wife, Rachel, both for all her hard work building and maintaining the site’s back-end, and for putting up with all the mishegas that comes with the territory.

Good luck and Good Shabbos!

Please note: new moderation and submission policies are now in effect. Please click here to view them.

• letters in the age says:

Many thanks for your contribution and your patience with my cheekiness!!

Blogs like this are the future as traditional media is in decline and re-invents itself.

I welcome Alex and look foward to her fresh and engaging ideas!!!

Go girl!!

;)

• Shira Wenig says:

Thank you Frosh & Rachel for all your efforts, and good luck Alex!

• Frosh – clearly West Coast’s 4th quarter choke last night was the straw that broke the camel’s back. Either that, or the rumours (that proved to be false) of a petition being circulated that you step down as editor of GA. Or perhaps that your mother-in-law was either buying the AJN or being considered for president of the JCCV. Or the revelation that your slim physique and ability to work both a full time job and edit the site was thanks to regular injections of AOD9604. *grin*

Anyhow*, as a regular contributor, I know very well and appreciate the effort you’ve put into this venture, so I’d like to thank you for your efforts, for publishing me, and I wish you and GA all the best for the future.

Is Rachel staying on?

• andrew wirth says:

Thanks Frosh and Rachel for helping to provide a forum for local opinion, and best wishes to Alex as she takes the helm.

• Jonny says:

Ant thanks so much!! I credit most of our success in transitioning the Glen Eira College model to the voice given to the vision by GA and your good self!
    What’s the next project?
    I wish you only success always.

Despite clashing with you occasionally over the years I would like to congratulate you for putting a good idea into action and providing a forum for Jewry (and others) to express themselves.

Best wishes with your new journey and may Hashem smile upon the new editor!

• Philip Mendes says:

Ant: I agree with Henry and the others. You’ve done a great job. Hope you stay involved in one way or another.

• Mandi Katz says:

Also want to congratulate and thank Frosh and Rach for developing a really interesting and ‘live’ forum for discussion.

And all the best to Alex in taking it forward.