Global Fluorotelomers Market By Product (Fluorotelomer Alcohol, Fluorotelomer Acrylate, Fluorotelomer Iodide), Application (Fire Fighting Foams, Food Packaging, Stain Resistants, Textiles, Others), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa) – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
Market Analysis: Global Fluorotelomers Market
Global fluorotelomers market is expected to register a healthy CAGR of 10.54% in the forecast period of 2019-2026. The report contains data from the base year of 2018 and the historic year of 2017. This rise in market value can be attributed to the high innovation of technologies rate resulting in the enhanced levels of applications for this compound in niche industries and segments.
Market Definition: Global Fluorotelomers Market
Fluorotelomers are telomers/oligomers based on fluorocarbon characteristics that are synthesized with telomerization process. These compounds are utilized to source environmentally sustainable PFOA along with PFNA. These compounds are available in three variants of fluorotelomer alcohol, fluorotelomer acrylate and fluorotelomer iodide.
- High demand associated with firefighting foams giving rise to high adoption rate of the market
- Presence of various compliances and regulations for the usage of fluorocarbons is expected to boost the market growth in the forecast period
- High growth rate experienced by the textile industry acts as a market driver
- Concerns regarding the complications associated with the raw material of these compounds is expected to hamper the market growth potential
- Increasing awareness regarding the negative impacts associated with fluorotelomers alcohols and their toxic nature is expected to hinder the market growth
Segmentation: Global Fluorotelomers Market
- Fluorotelomer Alcohol
- Fluorotelomer Acrylate
- Fluorotelomer Iodide
- Fire Fighting Foams
- Food Packaging
- Stain Resistants
Key Developments in the Market:
- In August 2019, DuPont announced their strategy of halting the utilization of long-chain per-and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFASs) for their product offerings and business operations by the end of 2019. This strategy is aimed at meeting the ban on sale and production of firefighting foams consisting of PFASs implemented by the company
- In January 2018, FluoroCouncil exhibited their latest website providing interested individuals and parties to attain knowledge related to fluorinated chemistries helping the manufacturers of these chemistries to help reach a broader consumer base. This website will help provide the significant insights into the scientific research of these chemistries
Global fluorotelomers market is highly fragmented and the major players have used various strategies such as new product launches, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, partnerships, acquisitions, and others to increase their footprints in this market. The report includes market shares of fluorotelomers market for Global, Europe, North America, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East & Africa.
Key Market Competitors:
Few of the major competitors currently working in the global fluorotelomers market are DAIKIN INDUSTRIES, Ltd.; Merck KGaA; Clariant; Archroma; DYNAX; AGC Inc.; Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc. among others.