Beer is generally prepared using four basic ingredients namely, malted cereal grains, hops, water, and yeast, which are subjected to fermentation over a period. In addition, flavoring ingredients, such as herbs and fruits, are used in beer. There are various types of beers available in the market; among which, ale and lager are mostly the two commercially consumed beer. The primary difference between a lager and ale is the temperature level at which they are fermented. The moderate consumption of beer reduces the risk of cardiac disease, stroke, and cognitive decline. In contrast, heavy beer consumption increases the risk of liver diseases. The Europe beer market experienced a steady growth rate in the past few years, due to flavor innovations and growth in the consumer base of the beer.
The beer cultures in the European countries vary extraordinarily, with different styles of beer and consumption habits that form an integral part of Europe’s heritage, alimentation, and culture. Change in lifestyles, consumption habits of alcoholic drinks, high disposable incomes, and popularity of beer among the younger generation are the major drivers of the Europe beer market. In addition, surge in female drinkers and on-premise distribution channels such as restaurants, bars, and others, have fueled the Europe beer market growth. However, taxations and higher excise duties on imported as well as local beer and growth in health awareness among consumers hamper the Europe beer market growth. Nevertheless, the beer industry is expected to offer numerous growth opportunities to market players in Europe in the near future, owing to the introduction of naturally sweetened and non-alcoholic beer.
The Europe beer market is segmented into type, category, packaging, production, and region. Based on type, the market is divided into lager, ale, stout & porter, malt, and others. According to category, it is classified into popular-priced, premium, and super-premium. Based on packaging, it is divided into glass, PET bottle, metal can, and others. Based on production, the market segmentation includes micro-brewery, micro-brewery, craft brewery, and others. By country, it is analyzed across Germany, the UK, France, Italy, Spain, Russia, and rest of Europe.
The leading players in the Europe beer market focus on providing a customized solutions to consumers to gain a significant market share. The main strategies employed by the key players to expand their business in the European beer market are collaborations and acquisitions. The key players profiled in the report include Anheuser-Busch InBev, Beijing Yanjing Brewery, Boston Beer Company, Carlsberg Group, Dogfish Head Craft Brewery, Diageo PLC, Heineken N.V., Sierra Nevada Brewing Co., Squatters Pub, and United Breweries Group.
The other players in the Europe beer market value chain include Asahi Group Holdings Ltd, Budweiser Budvar Brewery, Erdinger Brewery, Kirin Holdings Co. Ltd, Lasco Brewery, New Belgium Brewing Company Inc., Oettinger Brewery, Radeberger Brewery, SABMiller PLC, Scottish & Newcastle, and Stone and Wood Brewing Co.
KEY BENEFITS FOR STAKEHOLDERS
• The report provides a quantitative analysis of the current trends, estimations, and dynamics Europe beer market from 2018 to 2025 to identify the prevailing market opportunities.
• Porter’s five forces analysis highlights the potency of buyers and suppliers to enable stakeholders to make profit-oriented business decisions and strengthen their supplier-buyer network.
• In-depth analysis of the European beer market size and segmentation assists in determining the prevailing market opportunities.
• Major countries are mapped according to their revenue contribution to the European beer industry. The market player positioning segment facilitates benchmarking and provides a clear understanding of the present position of market players.
• The report includes revenue generated from the sales of beer and its variants across Germany, the UK, France, and other European countries.
• The report includes the Europe beer market analysis at the country level and includes the key players, market segments, application areas, and growth strategies.
KEY MARKET SEGMENTS
• By Type
o Stout & Porter
• By Category
o Super Premium
• By Packaging
o PET Bottle
o Metal Can
• By Production
o Craft Brewery
• By Country
o Rest of Europe
To request a sample copy or view summary of this report, click the link below:
About Digits N Markets:
Digits N Markets has a vast repository of latest market research reports on trending topics, niche company profiles, market size and other relevant data released by renowned publishers. We have access to the database related to niche markets and trending topics in various industries. We also update the data regularly to provide recent statistics to the client. Recent data and reports will be featured on our websites and clients will be able to access the same. Our clients will be able to benefit from qualitative & quantitative insights in the report which will support them in taking concrete business decisions.